Did you Know?
- The basic traits of a child's character are formed before age 6.
- Major interests in life are taking permanent shape by age 12.
- According to the George Barna Research Group, children between the ages of 5 and 13 have a 32 percent probability of accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior. That likelihood drops to 4 percent for teenagers between the ages of 14 and 18.
- Children are most likely to hear God's call to full-time Christian ministry (missionaries, ministers, etc.) between the ages of 4-14. (Christianity Today) Missiologists refer to this period of time as the "4/14 Window".
Why involve kids in missions?
- Children are sensitive to God. They can begin learning about God's heart for missions at an early age.
- Children easily understand the concept of compassion.
- We must sow the seeds of mission interest at an early age if we expect to reap missionary recruits and strong mission supporters in the years ahead.
Kids Reaching Kids
The Bible records 23 times when Jesus performed miraculous physical healings during the time he walked as one of us on Earth. Jesus had compassion on those who had physical needs, and with his very hands, he healed them.
Inspired by Jesus’ Compassion and through the power of His Spirit, the Bible also tells of a number of instances when His disciples also performed miraculous physical healings.
Christians believe that Jesus still performs miraculous physical healings today. For any child who is sick and suffering from an illness or who may have been injured, receiving adequate medical care from the hands of one of his disciples can bring about miraculous results in their lives.
Both the medicines that help treat children in need, as well as the medical personnel who receive the necessary medical training and education, can be an extension of Jesus’ hands. Together, they can be the instrument that Jesus uses to perform his miracles in the lives of children all across the globe.
It is estimated that each year that nine million children worldwide under the age of five die from preventable diseases. Even in the United States recent studies have found that nearly 1,000 children will die every year due to a lack of proper health care.
By joining the 2011-2012 Kids Reaching Kids Mission Offering Project, His Hands, you can be an extension of Jesus’ hands and help provide much needed medicine, medical supplies, and medical care for children all over the world.
When children support His Hands, they share in the same compassion that led Jesus to reach out time and time again with His hands to heal those with physical needs. Children become an extension of Jesus’ healing hands, and they become part of a miraculous effort to children in need.
Upstate District GOAL: Every Church Participating!
Please send your offering in time to be received by September 30, 2012. Send your offerings to:
Children's Ministries International
This year the Children's Mission Poster Contest will be a little different as we focus on the 75th Anniversary of the Upstate New York District.
We invite all children, preschool through grade six, across the District to participate. Posters will need to be at the host church no later than 9:00am on Thursday May 17, 2012. The District Missionary Convention will b e held at Life Church of the Nazarene in Watertown (535 Thompson Blvd).
Poster Theme (New Theme)
Design your poster around one of the following Mission Statements:
Any medium may be used: colored pencils, crayons, paints, markers, cutouts and photography are some examples. Posters will be judged on your use of the entire poster, neatness and communication of a missions theme.
Awards: Participation Certificate and Special Award for top two posters in each category. Please pick posters and awards up by the closing afternoon session of the Missionary Convention.